Author: Brock Immigration Services Inc. |

Canada welcomes Millions of Visitors

Canada welcomes millions of visitors and temporary residents annually, including those who visit, study, and work. Temporary residents are generally allowed into the country with the issuance of a visa (unless they are from a visa-exempt country - see here for a list of visa-exempt countries:

Visa applications are usually made at the visa office serving the visitor's country of nationality or habitual residence. Tourist visitors must submit documentation of their reasons for travel, family relationships in Canada, and establishment in their home country. The deciding officer will use this information to issue a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). If the application is not prepared correctly and effectively using the assistance of an experienced Immigration Consultant, the application may be refused.

Suppose you are considering temporary residence in Canada. In that case, it is crucial to speak with an experienced licensed immigration consultant who can assist you with the application process and provide guidance on your options and qualifications. Contact us today to speak with one of our consultants.

With visas, the time allowed for the stay is generally six months unless indicated otherwise by the examining officer at the port of entry in writing under the date of entry stamp. Temporary residents, including visitors, may also be eligible to simultaneously apply for permanent residency under the Dual Intent provision in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. For example, a visitor in Canada may also be sponsored for permanent residency from within Canada during their stay. Speak with our consultants for more information on this available arrangement.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA):

As of March 15, 2016, a visa-exempt foreign national who flies to or transits through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), except US citizens. Click here to determine if you need an eTA:

When planning travel, allow some time for visa processing (unless from a visa-exempt country). Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs) may also be refused, but usually on the grounds of inadmissibility (i.e., criminality, health, security, finances, misrepresentation).
Brock Immigration can assist with all aspects of Temporary Resident Visa applications and eTAs and can also help with re-applications after refusals. Contact us today to get started.