In general, becoming a Canadian Citizen includes completing an application and sending it to the appropriate IRCC office. In addition to the completed application, there is a test, and an interview (in some cases) required prior to becoming a citizen. To become a Canadian citizen, one must be eligible as follows:
- Be a Canadian permanent resident
- Have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- Have filed taxes (if required)
- Show knowledge of Canada – Demonstrate through taking a test on history, geography, economy, government, laws, and symbols.
- Prove language skills – Must obtain a Canadian Language Benchmark of 4 or higher
There are various conditions that may prohibit someone from becoming a Canadian Citizen and those should be ruled out prior to making a Citizenship application.
Contact our experienced consultants for assistance with eligibility, the application process, and the preparation requirements to becoming a Canadian Citizen.